ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Losing the alpha channel, when using dynamic link to bring a text layer into after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Chavinsky
Losing the alpha channel, when using dynamic link to bring a text layer into after effects
on Jul 8, 2016 at 3:24:14 pm

Hello,

I have a text layer in a premiere project, which I'd like to animate using the "Stretch in each line" effect, found in AE, but not premiere. When I, replace with AE comp, my text layer turns into a solid black square, with no visable text. It should be transparent.

The easiest fix is to just delete that text layer within after effects, and make another one, but I want to know what the problem is, so I understand what's going on..

Thanks!! screenshots below:

Premiere (before dynamic link) view:

Premiere (After DL):

AE (After DL):

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Losing the alpha channel, when using dynamic link to bring a text layer into after effects
on Jul 8, 2016 at 3:31:14 pm

The "problem" is that After Effects doesn't recognize Titles created in Premiere.
Thus, any Titles you create in Premiere will just import into AE as black solids.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Losing the alpha channel, when using dynamic link to bring a text layer into after effects
on Jul 8, 2016 at 4:32:12 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jul 8, 2016 at 4:39:37 pm

And the reason why AE can't see text from PP lies in the fact that neither AE nor PP were originally Adobe products. Adobe bought them. They were created by two different software companies, with two different ways of doing things... and guess what? They are rarely compatible with each other.

The fact that AE & PP work together AT ALL is a pretty neat trick on Adobe's part.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 8, 2016 at 6:21:35 pm

Ae started with CoSA and was briefly owned by Aldus, but has been Adobe since 3.0 in 1995. Premiere is all Adobe -- always has been -- and it even supports many Ae plugins.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]