ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animate text from pragraph to line and vise versa

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frederic Antoinette
Animate text from pragraph to line and vise versa
on Jul 8, 2016 at 7:28:33 am

I'm looking for an easyway to make a whole paragraph, actually the whole screen is filled with text and then make it move so all the text in the paragraph becomes a long line which I can animate with path/mask. ITs like grabbing the last word on the botton right corner, pulling it to the right and the whole text follows, leaving some empty space from the top row left and keep going untill the whole text becomes one long line. Hard to explain may be this image will help.

untitled-1.png

The idea is that then I zoom in the end of paragraph and make the whole text follow a path.

Any tips on an easy way to acheive this is welcome
thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Animate text from pragraph to line and vise versa
on Jul 8, 2016 at 2:38:26 pm

You would have to have each line have the entire paragraph's worth of text on it and then move the text along the line so that it just looks like one paragraph - you would use track mattes so that each line fits in the "paragraph". Then, you could animate each line of text sliding along.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Frederic Antoinette
on Jul 8, 2016 at 3:08:15 pm

THIS IS BRILLIANT, why didn't I thought of that, I then simply animate position and link them to one parameter, a null with an expression control.
Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 8, 2016 at 3:27:14 pm

Sounds perfect! You're welcome. :)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]