ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Remove object from background on green screen

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Elder
Remove object from background on green screen
on Jul 7, 2016 at 1:30:37 am

I am working on a project that we shot on a green screen. One of the scenes we filmed, the host is talking about an object behind him and his hand references the item and moves over the item. Our director now wants to replace the item and add a different backdrop. I wanted to see if there is an easy way to isolate the item without having to keyframe/rotoscope the whole clip?

It wouldn't be the end of the world, just we are on a time crunch and would love to not have to do that as it'll slow everything else down. Thanks.

Daniel Elder
producer
http://www.elderproductions.com

Return to posts index

Soham Jani
Re: Remove object from background on green screen
on Jul 7, 2016 at 2:20:41 am

As far as I'm visualizing what you have said here, I think the only easier alternative would be to re-shoot the footage, since it's already shot on a green screen and rotoscoping isn't a viable option for you.

"It's all around us Neo, temporary constructs of time....."

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 7, 2016 at 3:30:28 am

That's a bit confusing. I'm not sure where that problem object is.

If it was shot on green screen along with the talent, pull the key, and use Rotobrush only where you have to. It might be easier to prerender the key for this; you can use a couple-three layers of the prerender if you have to.

If this mystery object is on the background plate, you'll have some Photoshop work ahead of you for the fix.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on Jul 7, 2016 at 9:20:28 am

Locked off shot? You might be able to pull a difference key to get some of the way there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]