ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How to automate mass twin edits

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wojciech HołyszHow to automate mass twin edits
by on Jul 5, 2016 at 7:10:00 pm

I'm not neccessarily new to the forums, but since I lost my previous login info I guess this is my first post :)

I'm looking for a way to automate product videos for e-commerce. Use case would be preparing repetitve footage of say 50 products ,e.g. wide, detail, mid and a close up shot for eachproduct. Each shot lasting a specific timespan (e.g. 1 second pre, 3 seconds roll, 1 second rest) and beeing prepared according to custom specification.
Having the 50 products shot 4 ways each, files downloaded into separate folders (or into one), I would like to run a script that would take the footage, insert (replace) it into a previously prepared edit template (in a Premiere Pro or After Effects project) and render it with prespecified settings (format, resolution, etc.). Even more preferably I could load a project, point a folder, replace all footage with one click - check for adjustments and queue render.

Is that possible with AE scripts or in any other way you guys know of? The point of this would be mass production of very simple product videos.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: How to automate mass twin edits
by on Jul 6, 2016 at 2:07:10 pm

You could probably do this with CompsFromSpreadsheet, if you import all the footage items into your project, build a template, and build a spreadsheet to control the creation of the comps:

To automate it as simply as you describe, you'd need to write (or hire someone to write) a custom script.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved