ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Gtx 980 super clocked 2 showing not compatable ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hanna deanGtx 980 super clocked 2 showing not compatable ?
by on Jul 4, 2016 at 5:38:08 pm

after effects cc 2014/15 i have both does it really matter if i dont edit the ogl_unsupported_cards.txt and just click the checkbox unsupported cards and select it this way , will it still work ?.

z170m plus motherboard assus
i7 6700k
16gb ddr4
samsung ssd evo 850
gtx 980 super clocked acx 2
antec psu 620w m

after effects cc 2014 version

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Gtx 980 super clocked 2 showing not compatable ?
by on Jul 8, 2016 at 3:03:50 pm

You are using an out of date version of CC 2014 and there are a couple of versions of CC 2015 - you'd need to specify which you are using. (You should be on 13.2.x for CC 2014, 13.7.1.x for CC 2015 and for CC 2015.3 - and yes, you can have all three versions installed alongside each other.)

You should not be editing any .txt files. Ticking that box should make that GPU accelerate rendering of the ray-traced renderer in both versions of CC 2015. No matter what you do with that .txt file or the tick box, you won't be able to use that card on CC 2014. (That card uses a newer OPTIX library that wasn't implemented in AE CC 2014.)

That being said, the ray-traced renderer is considered obsolete by the After Effects team. I would recommend against being too reliant on it.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved