ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adding light causes crash

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kris SheehanAdding light causes crash
by on Jun 30, 2016 at 1:51:53 pm

I am running into an issue where in any project if I add a light and start to move it around AE locks up and can't recover. Not sure if this a problem in the 2015.3 update or if there is something I am missing. I've opend a new project and start from scratch and still run into the same problem. I reinstalled AE and still have the same issue. My project is due tomorrow and I am at a total loss for how to get around this. Anyone with the same problem/did you find a work-around?

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Adding light causes crash
by on Jun 30, 2016 at 1:59:11 pm

I have no trouble creating or moving lights in Ae 2015.3, in either Classic 3D or ray-tracing comps.

What are your Fast Preview settings (the lighting bolt under the comp viewer panel)? Does it make a difference if you change them?

Have you tried resetting your preferences? Re-installing does not automatically reset preferences.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Ash CurkpatrickRe: Adding light causes crash
by on Jul 6, 2016 at 7:48:21 am

I'm having the same issue. Specifically it has to do with adding a Spot Light. Ambient Lights work fine.

I am running After Effects CC 2015.3 on Windows 10

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Adding light causes crash
by on Jul 9, 2016 at 1:42:50 pm

I can re-produce this problem if I make my spot light have a cone angle of 180 degrees. It crashes regardless of fast preview settings or hardware accelerate settings. It was fine with a different angle, but 180 killed it.

So, file a bug report with Adobe and then make your spotlight with a different cone angle.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 9, 2016 at 1:44:54 pm

Side note: I did not have this issue on my Mac.

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 9, 2016 at 2:29:31 pm

Does my experience match yours? Can you create a spot light with a smaller cone angle (like 120?) or does it crash for you regardless?

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

Fletcher McDonaldRe: Adding light causes crash
by on Aug 7, 2016 at 7:17:00 am

This is also happening to me. Whenever the camera loses sight of the light (or gets too close) AE freezes immediately and only a Ctrl+Z works after a few seconds of waiting.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 7, 2016 at 6:27:41 pm

Have you tried in the CC 2015.3.1 update (AE version 13.8.1)?

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]