ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Importing SWF files into AE - opening as 72 x 72 pixel blank files.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony MinesImporting SWF files into AE - opening as 72 x 72 pixel blank files.
by on Jun 29, 2016 at 9:09:23 pm

Hi, I am trying to import SWF files from Flash into AE as footage, a workflow I have been using for over a decade without problems. The Flash files are simple frame animations or in some cases static vector illustrations, no scripting etc. Suddenly, the files are insistent on importing only as a blank 72x72 pixel file with a single frame.

Looking at other threads describing the same or similar problem (all unresolved) I have tried the following recommendations. Disabled 'write XMP IDs to Files on Import' no effect. Changed my Flash publishing settings to earlier or different versions, no effect. Another solution suggested had to do with file names, but this was not pertinent to my case. So far no solution seems to have been offered to this problem, and those available all seem arbitrary and anecdotal.

For my own anecdote, the only solution thus far has been to do with changing the file locations. The files were originally on an external HD which is where I would prefer them to be. If I move the file to the desktop, it imports fine. So I moved the whole project to a folder on the home HD, again, only imports as 72x72px empty file. My particular encounter therefore of this inconsistent bug is that I can presently only import files located on the desktop correctly. This is not viable for what I am doing.

Incidentally I have tried, on the same machine, to import the files to both AE CS5 and current AECC. In both cases the same applies; I can import from the desktop fine, but from any other location an empty 72x72px file is imported. Any ideas?

I am on a Mac Pro running 10.9.5

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved