ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How reset beginning of fotage layer.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pedro Miralles LorenzoHow reset beginning of fotage layer.
by on Jun 29, 2016 at 10:04:32 am

Hi there..

I'm working in a tv show and i have a lot of shots that i have to key and put it a background.. but then i have to adjust it the in and out for each layer. The idea is select and duplicate all the original all layers and substitute all for the animated background.. but some times the duration of the footage is longer than BG..

Do you know a shortcut or script to slide layers in the time line to apply many layers in at same time. like went you use the Y key but because all videos have a different duration i must go thru layer per layer.

here is an image to what a mean.

10241_qq.jpg.zip

Thanks so Much

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: How reset beginning of fotage layer.
by on Jun 29, 2016 at 5:19:34 pm

Oh, a virtual set.

Is it a video layer? Is it animated? Does it loop? Is it a still image? Do you mix both still images and video layers as backgrounds?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Pedro Miralles LorenzoRe: How reset beginning of fotage layer.
by on Jun 29, 2016 at 7:49:59 pm

All are videos footage. I copy from premier and paste in after effect in a comp.. and i need to key this clips and put a bg another video under each clip with the same in and out and duration. I know how do it. But I would like to automate the process. The idea is duplicate all the layers duplicate it one time. Select back the originals and with the key alt... sustute with the background in the project. The issue is if the clips are to long then the bg don't fit.. i mine if the in point of the clips is biger than duration of bg i have to do it manually. Or with the Y key put all the originals clips in the beginnin... and that's what i want to do with a short cut or script. I uploaded an image i think can help to understand ..

no animation. Just videos edit from premier.

Thanks so much.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 29, 2016 at 8:06:22 pm

10246_slidelayersintimeline.jpg.zip

Sorry this is the correct image.. i uploaded the wrong one... my mistake. Please check this one.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 29, 2016 at 8:09:10 pm

The green layers are those that i want to reset the bigining.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: How reset beginning of fotage layer.
by on Jun 29, 2016 at 9:28:41 pm

I'm sorry, but there will be NOTHING automated about this! But solve your immediate problem, which is moving clips, do this:

Place the CTI -- the timeline cursor -- at the spot on the timeline where you want the next keyed shot to appear. Select all the layers involved in the next keyed shot. Shift-drag them toward the timeline cursor. They snap into place.

You're a braver person than I am -- I wouldn't want to key an entire virtual-set program in After Effects!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: How reset beginning of fotage layer.
by on Jun 30, 2016 at 10:48:12 am

Why replace the background shot by shot like this? Would this work instead?

1) Use Interpret Footage in the project panel to make your background source loop as many times as necessary to fill the duration of the entire sequence.
2) Put it the background as a single layer underneath your edit.
3) At each shot start point, split the background layer with Ctrl+Shift+D (PC) or Cmd+Shift+D (Mac.)

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: How reset beginning of fotage layer.
by on Jun 30, 2016 at 10:49:22 am

Also, have you tried Premiere Pro's Ultra Key effect? It's really pretty good, and quite fast -- you might be able to do everything you need directly in Premiere.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

by on Jun 30, 2016 at 1:34:31 pm

Thank you so much both for the help!! in deed the best solution is that one. I created a new BG_COMP 30 min duration and repeat the bg now i can replace the duplicate footage with BG_COMP , and always fit properly under the footage. Also i create this simple script to reset the startTime of the footage but only works with one layer at the time.

the in and out will not change, just the startTime will be modify with the value in.

var selectedlayer = app.project.activeItem.selectedLayers;
var inpoint = beginning[0].inPoint;
var outpoint = beginning[0].outPoint;
{
app.beginUndoGroup("RESET STARTIME LAYER");

selectedlayer[0].startTime = beginning[0].inPoint;
selectedlayer[0].inPoint = inpoint;
selectedlayer[0].outPoint = outpoint;

app.endUndoGroup();
}

i will try to use Premiere Pro's Ultra Key effect in the future thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]