ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Laptop for Animation and Motion Graphics

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mili EugeneLaptop for Animation and Motion Graphics
by on Jun 25, 2016 at 3:14:15 pm

I use my laptop for 2D animation and usually have Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and After effects running simultaneously while I work. I'd like to explore 3D as well and have taken baby steps in cinema 4D. I used to work with the HP envy with an i7 processor and 8GB ram. I wanted to know if the Macbook Pro 15 with retina display is a good choice for this kind of work, or if a windows laptop worked better. Thank you :)

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Laptop for Animation and Motion Graphics
by on Jun 27, 2016 at 8:07:37 am
Last Edited By Tudor "Ted" Jelescu on Jun 27, 2016 at 8:08:07 am

Macbook Pro is a great machine, however I switched to PC and never went back since. I used Alienware, Origin and now I have a 3XS and a MSI. Both great machines. However, they are more portable workstations than laptops, at 17 inch screen size and quite heavy to carry around.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Mili EugeneRe: Laptop for Animation and Motion Graphics
by on Jun 28, 2016 at 6:17:33 pm

Thank you for the feedback! I think I'll stick to a Windows laptop though, since it's easier than converting all my files to be compatible with the Mac. A custom PC would be ideal, but unfortunately I may need to carry it occasionally. Portable workstations sound good enough, I don't necessarily need to lug it around everywhere. But thanks again for your response :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved