ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Why is my footage turning green in AE CS4

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fabio MonteWhy is my footage turning green in AE CS4
by on Jun 24, 2016 at 8:57:10 pm

Hello there

Today i went filming for my short film title scenes and when i imported it to after effects, there were some parts of the footage that turn green which causes the render to also turn green.

I shot them with my mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy J5 btw) which uses mp4 files so i thought there must be problems with the codecs. Used the Adobe media encoder to export the file to several other types of files, like H.264, png, AVI, mov, f4v but none of them work, they still turn green!

I'm really surprised by this and time is running out because i now need to solve this. I was ready to import and start doing the tilt shift effect in each scene but this setback is delaying everything.

Is there any other solution i can do to solve this?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Why is my footage turning green in AE CS4
by on Jun 25, 2016 at 2:16:07 am
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jun 25, 2016 at 3:09:06 pm

Find someone with a newer version of AE. If you can't transcode this footage in your current version of Adobe Media Encoder, you will need a newer version.

Frankly, I am stunned that you would simply assume that eight-year-old software would work seamlessly with a video format invented AFTER the software, especially without conducting the tests that any competent professional would run. And from a cel phone, for Heaven's sake.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved