ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Continuously Rasterize is messing up Paint and Eraser effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin TosiContinuously Rasterize is messing up Paint and Eraser effects
by on Jun 24, 2016 at 6:00:13 pm

Hi,
I'm working on a 2D animation with characters I created in Illustrator. I drew over them by using the Paint Brush in After Effects to to clean them up a bit but when I click continuously rasterize, what I painted/erased becomes misplaced and large. I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like when I turn on continuously rasterize. Does this have to do with the fact that my images are vectors and the paint tool is not? I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Continuously Rasterize is messing up Paint and Eraser effects
by on Jun 24, 2016 at 8:06:13 pm

You'll be much, Much, MUCH better off doing the cleanup in Illustrator, especially if you intend to make Continuously Rasterize an integral part of your animation. You'll have a far easier of time with your project if you do it that way.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin TosiRe: Continuously Rasterize is messing up Paint and Eraser effects
by on Jun 25, 2016 at 1:18:53 am

Let me rephrase my question then. My elements when rotated or moved need to be shortened or curved (like a lower part of an arm or hand). And painting and erasing has given me the best freedom to make those adjustments. Would you have any suggestions? I've tried using masks but since my elements have an outer stroke, the mask cuts it off and I still have to draw to connect say lower arm to upper arm.

Return to posts index

Kevin TosiRe: Continuously Rasterize is messing up Paint and Eraser effects
by on Jun 25, 2016 at 2:17:49 am

I actually decided on selecting all of my layers and creating shapes from vector layers. This seems to be a solve for now and I'll be using it in the future. It's actually what I've been looking to do this whole time, much nicer manipulating paths.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]