ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Turning on motion blur with nested comps

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Smith
Turning on motion blur with nested comps
on Jun 24, 2016 at 1:52:32 pm

This is the second of my everything you wanted to know about AE but were afraid to ask questions:

If I have a composition that has a dozen or so precomps. And I want the handful of things that move to have motion blur. Can I just go through and select all for each of the precomps and turn on motion blur and turn on the switch at the top? In other words, is there any downside to just turning on every possible motion blur switch? Assume I don't care about render times.

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Turning on motion blur with nested comps
on Jun 24, 2016 at 2:03:53 pm

Again, you have the right idea. That's how it works.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ken Teutsch
on Jun 24, 2016 at 2:11:27 pm

But if there are a lot of blurred layers you may want to leave the master motion blur button off while working to make previews go quicker.

Return to posts index

Jerry Smith
on Jun 24, 2016 at 10:19:17 pm

It was in the title, but maybe not the post. I just want to make sure. Even with pre-comps of pre-comps of pre-comps of...I can turn on all the motion blur switches in all the pre-comps. Doesn't matter how raterization is set or anything is set. The only reasons to turn off any motion blur switch is you don't want motion blur or you are concerned about render time/computer resources?

Return to posts index

Jerry Smith
on Jun 27, 2016 at 6:43:00 pm

This got lost in the weekend traffic. Can somebody confirm my follow up question?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]