ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Very simple text animation question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luc Trombini
Very simple text animation question
on Jun 23, 2016 at 3:41:04 am

Hello beloved Creative Cow forums !

Sometimes, no matter how long i've been using AE, I found myself lost on creating an effect that seems very basic.
Usually I found my way to creative something close to it, but this time a client has been very specific on what he wants.
He'd like me to animate a text, exactly like in the video for "Lean On" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn9AQoI7mYU)

It looks very basic, but somehow I haven't find the proper way to do it, any idea on how this is done?

Thanks for your time !
Best,
Luc.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Very simple text animation question
on Jun 23, 2016 at 6:47:56 am

In addition to the basic text size animator, looks like there is another layer with the same text that has been run through a blur and threshold to create an expanding track matte. But this has been done with a gradient of some kind so that it grows from right to left to reveal the text. Hard to say what method was used, especially since that would require manual keyframing to look right. I can't think of an easy (automated) way to achieve this.

Return to posts index

Luc Trombini
on Jun 23, 2016 at 7:12:57 am

Yes you might be on the right track indeed! But I still think this might be achieve in a simple way, I would be surprised If they did something close to your method for every letter. Let's see if others have any idea, I'll try your input see what it looks like! Thanks a lot for your reply !

Return to posts index

Joe Clay
on Jun 23, 2016 at 3:15:20 pm

If you're talking just about that thinner to thicker thing that's going on, you can use simple choker on the text layer directly. Choke it down, then bring the choke back to 0. It's not exactly the same, but it's pretty close.

Joe Clay
Workbench.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]