ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Red Frames Issue in 2015.3

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juliette BackeyRed Frames Issue in 2015.3
by on Jun 22, 2016 at 6:24:40 pm

I've been getting red frames on any mp4 or mov files. Both filetypes have the h264 codec. Other comps with shape layers and text are unaffected. One more weird thing is that if I turn off hardware acceleration(under preferences>display) I get a display driver crash followed by AE crashing.

I upgraded to the latest version of QuickTime 7.7.9

I've cleared both caches through AE's preferences and by manually deleting files in the folders.

My workaround so far has been to use the previous version of AE and AME.

My specs:
Windows 10 Pro (10.0.10586)
Intel Core i5-2500k CPU @3.30GHz
OpenGL Version
AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (2 linked with CrossFireX)

If it helps I can also show the windows error reports.

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Red Frames Issue in 2015.3
by on Jun 22, 2016 at 7:12:19 pm

The red frames issue is something that has dogged Adobe for years, and despite claims of having fixed it, it is alive and well in every version of Premiere or After Effects I've used. I don't run into it often, but when I do my usual fix is to convert the media to something else and edit that. It's inconvenient most times, to say the least. I've had it happen to numerous codecs: ProRes, H.264, XDCAM, etc.

I've heard it stems from the software filling in missing frames in order to match the correct clip length, but I don't know how true that is.

Return to posts index

charlie parkinsonRe: Red Frames Issue in 2015.3
by on Jun 22, 2016 at 8:09:06 pm

I'm having the exact same issue after updating to 2015.3

I hope their is a fix on the way soon...

Return to posts index

David MuralloRe: Red Frames Issue in 2015.3
by on Jun 27, 2016 at 8:34:52 pm

It is reall annoying. I have been using 2015.2 without problems and after the update I get the random red frames on the mpg (h.264 codec) too. Rolled back to 2014 and there are no problems for me. Next time only updating if I have to.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved