ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Crash (Did auto-save save me?)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Devin MourrainAfter Effects Crash (Did auto-save save me?)
by on Jun 19, 2016 at 9:40:25 am

After working on a composition for a couple hours, I was wrapping up work minutes before I was going to save and call it a night, but After Effects mysteriously crashed and I had no option but to close AE without saving. I recall After Effects failing in the past, so I had the Auto-Save feature enabled, but I'm not entirely sure where it would have saved because I sort of "laissez-faire" enabled it without paying much attention to where it goes. The current system that I have set up for Auto-Save is so that it saves "Next to Project". That's nice and all, but this was the first 2 and only 2 hours that I've worked on the project. Does this mean that auto-save only kicks in after you've saved your project at least once? Or is there a fail-safe folder that After Effects generally saves to. Thanks if anyone can provide me with some insight and yes, I've changed the folder location to a set destination for future reference.

Return to posts index

Greg GeschRe: After Effects Crash (Did auto-save save me?)
by on Jun 20, 2016 at 12:00:56 am

Hi. You could try a disc search for your "Adobe After Effects Auto-Save" folders.

Return to posts index

Devin MourrainRe: After Effects Crash (Did auto-save save me?)
by on Jun 20, 2016 at 3:02:31 am

Yah, I decided to just start the comp from scratch even though it was kinda a pain, but it was my fault for not setting it up. I've since changed it to a specific folder.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved