ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Duik bone, controller rotations don't work

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip HankinsDuik bone, controller rotations don't work
by on Jun 16, 2016 at 3:55:07 am

I am just now getting around to playing with Duik 15 and have spent the last 4 hours trying to get bones and controllers to rotate the layers. I have imported a simple Illustrator file (yes, not as footage, but as a comp-retain layer sizes) of a simple character made with the pen tool. I have added pins to the character, then created bones on the pins. I tried rotating the layer with the bones ... doesn't work. I created a controller to a bone and then tried to rotate the image ... doesn't work. I checked to make sure I have parented everything properly ... yes, but nothing will rotate. If I choose the "scale" option for the controller, that doesn't work either. In my AI layers, I have a head, a body, two leg layers, two feet, two arm layers with hands attached. For the arms, I placed pins at the wrist of the hand, then a pin at the elbow, then a pin at the shoulder, in case you need to know this. At no point have I tried IK, due to the fact that all of my moving parts are on single layers. It's a true puppet. Anyone have any ideas?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved