ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects Multiple instances hangs when rendering using PHP and Command Line

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lal XaDaAfter Effects Multiple instances hangs when rendering using PHP and Command Line
by on Jun 13, 2016 at 7:16:44 pm

I am trying to render video from Adobe After Effects using PHP through command line. When i try to render video from After effects render Queue, i can see in Task Manager that all CPU cores are using. i have following PHP script which takes AE template file and render video.

<?php
exec('aerender.exe -project myproject.aepx -comp "Final" -mp -output video.mov')

// -mp - Additional processes may be created to render multiple frames simultaneously
?>

When i execute this PHP file from command line like

php /path/to/above_script_file.php

its working fine too. All CPU cores are using and video is rendering.

**BUT** when i execute same script from browser using WAMP server, rendering starts, all instances get starts but suddenly close and 1 or sometimes 2 After effects instances are running but in hanged position. No memory or CPU is changing.

These are my After Effects preferences

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: After Effects Multiple instances hangs when rendering using PHP and Command Line
by on Jun 13, 2016 at 8:09:27 pm

You are committing a lot of resources to Ae. Too much, I think. I'd suggest that you leave a significant portion of RAM free for other processes -- at least 25%. I would also suggest that you increase the number of CPUs available to other processes, leaving fewer for Ae, and perhaps, depending on your comp's memory requirements, increase the minimum allocation per background process.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Lal XaDaRe: After Effects Multiple instances hangs when rendering using PHP and Command Line
by on Jun 13, 2016 at 8:52:50 pm

Thanks Walter Soyka. i tried below settings but didn't work. i think the issue is when we try to render from our WEB App. but you can see in both cases whether its directly from command line or from web app, AE is opening on behalf of ROOT user.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: After Effects Multiple instances hangs when rendering using PHP and Command Line
by on Jun 14, 2016 at 4:32:10 pm

[Lal XaDa] "**BUT** when i execute same script from browser using WAMP server, rendering starts, all instances get starts but suddenly close and 1 or sometimes 2 After effects instances are running but in hanged position. No memory or CPU is changing. "

Is it possible that the execution of that script is timing out when kicked off from your server? If the main afterfx.exe tasks were timing out and terminating, the others would have nothing to talk to and would hang.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Lal XaDaRe: After Effects Multiple instances hangs when rendering using PHP and Command Line
by on Jun 14, 2016 at 5:40:23 pm

i don't think its script execution time issue because when i try to render video without using "Render multiple frames simultaneously" then its rendering perfectly but it takes a bit longer up to 20 mints. while using "Render multiple frames simultaneously" it takes much less time.
But i stuck at the end when trying to render from Web app.
Don't you think it will be a user resource allocation issue?

as before this i was working on another project and needed to render multiple videos at same time for different users, so when i was trying to render all videos on behalf of root user, only first video was rendering and rest was in hanged position. then i used to render each video on behalf of different users (create dummy user and delete after render success).

But the difference is, here i am using multiple cores and the issue is multiple cores hangs.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 17, 2016 at 3:17:11 pm

When i am trying to render using below command

aerender -project /path/ -comp Final -mp -output out.mov

its working and using multiprocessing. but when trying to render from web app it show below error message in log file

There is an error in background rendering so switching to foreground rendering after 0 frames completed out of total 601 frames.

Message interpretation: https://myleniumerrors.com/tag/cs4/page/54/

The multiprocessing feature was unable to use all instances beyond a certain point in the rendering process. This is an error that only shows in the render log file.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]