ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Motion Blur of Single Layer in 20 sec Comp leads to Huge Final .Mov File

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pris FrenchMotion Blur of Single Layer in 20 sec Comp leads to Huge Final .Mov File
by on Jun 12, 2016 at 2:42:33 am

I have a composition with several layers - a background layer, some text layers and then I have the hands of a clock ( second hand, minute hand, hour hand) on top of the text. The clock hands move fast especially the second hand. I found it distracting to the text, so I added motion blur to that layer only. However, when I render the composition ( it is HD size, codec is H.264), I am finding that for a 20 sec composition, the motion blur for the one layer creates a final .mov file that is around 800 MB. When I try and open the file, Quicktime has to convert it and the final converted .mov file then becomes around 1 GIG. This is way too big. Without the motion blur added, the final .mov file is around 68MB. However, I really dislike how it looks without that motion blur. My question is, is there to still have the motion blur for the second hand layer but not have the final .mov file so big? Or is there a way to replicate that motion blur of the second hand, which gives the animation a smoother look, and have a relatively final small .mov file? Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Motion Blur of Single Layer in 20 sec Comp leads to Huge Final .Mov File
by on Jun 12, 2016 at 7:13:14 pm

I want you to import that big file into AE, highlight it and look at the file information at the top of the project pane. I'm willing to bet it isn't H.264.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Motion Blur of Single Layer in 20 sec Comp leads to Huge Final .Mov File
by on Jun 12, 2016 at 10:09:58 pm

Certain effects do not make your final export bigger. Your export settings are what matters here.

Return to posts index

Pris FrenchRe: Motion Blur of Single Layer in 20 sec Comp leads to Huge Final .Mov File
by on Jun 14, 2016 at 8:37:59 pm

Hello,

Sorry guys, I really thought I was exporting a H.264 codec when I checked the final video again, the properties include the Animation codec. I feel foolish. Thanks for reading my question and responding so swiftly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]