ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Beginner question... How do I work with position keyframes for vectors that don't show up in the timeline?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Caridi
Beginner question... How do I work with position keyframes for vectors that don't show up in the timeline?
on Jun 10, 2016 at 2:02:32 pm

I got a premade AE project file from a company with lower thirds animations. The timeline includes the upper text, the lower text, but not an arrow that appears next to it on the image. When I click on the arrow, it shows its trajectory, but any alterations to this of course only effect it in the single frame. Is there a way I can visually alter this arrow's movement?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Beginner question... How do I work with position keyframes for vectors that don't show up in the timeline?
on Jun 10, 2016 at 2:12:06 pm

Is the Arrow a precomp, because the transformations may be located inside the precomp. If not, can you post a screen grab of the arrow. Click the arrow layer and press "U" to open all items that have been changed from defaults.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Jason Caridi
Re: Beginner question... How do I work with position keyframes for vectors that don't show up in the timeline?
on Jun 10, 2016 at 2:39:33 pm

I'm not yet sure what a precomp is, but it is not a layer, at least not in the timeline. When I right-click the arrow, it says the keyframe position, followed by various options for that individual keyframe.

What I ultimately want to do is lower how high the arrow raises to. That top-left keyframe, I would like to be a little lower. I don't know how to move ~every~ keyframe lower, all I end up doing is making it briefly go up a bit lower, but then continue to where it always goes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]