ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Walter S's proof of concept AE rigging comps with templates -- another question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Herd
Walter S's proof of concept AE rigging comps with templates -- another question
on Jun 9, 2016 at 6:57:24 pm

Here is the "proof of concept" video http://www.keenlive.com/renderbreak/2014/06/rigging-ae-comps-with-the-new-t...

It works great!

I am hoping to expand it, but not sure my next step. I plan to write a .jsx that will change the fontsize, but here's the thing: I would like to send the fontsize back from Premiere using the rig and then have the jsx read the font size and then run the script.

I hope this is possible. Please help...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zj5eyE1qUA#t=12s

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Walter S's proof of concept AE rigging comps with templates -- another question
on Jun 10, 2016 at 9:38:34 am

[Richard Herd] "I plan to write a .jsx that will change the fontsize, but here's the thing: I would like to send the fontsize back from Premiere using the rig and then have the jsx read the font size and then run the script. "

How about putting an expression on the Scale property of the text layer which translates from the font size units the user enters to the scale percentage Ae uses?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
Re: Walter S's proof of concept AE rigging comps with templates -- another question
on Jun 10, 2016 at 5:06:45 pm
Last Edited By Richard Herd on Jun 10, 2016 at 5:07:52 pm

I'm not conceptualizing it right, yet.

The text is 3D, FYI with a camera move to make it all nifty.

And it is the intro video to a series of training videos for Head Start. The VO explains the point of the video. Then it's screencapture videos of software. Some of the training videos have nice neat titles like "Rollover" (the process of re-enrolling all the children). Another video is how to make a report and its title is much longer "9400 Monthly Enrollment" and some will be even longer.

In the text Paragraph menu, I've selected CENTER JUSTIFIED with Bodoni MT regular at 238px, -107 Tracking. I used the scale rig already but it wasn't doing what I thought it would do because the text with long names just truncated and as a I scaled it, it did not show up -- scaled the entire text box as is. So that's where I thought Font Size would be needed. Hence, my barbarino quote.

Also note I have sent X,Y, Z position coordinates from PP to AE so it's convenient to position the text in PP. And since I need the anchor point also (I think), then maybe the rig is not right for this project, and then I re-think omg there are 100s of videos, so some automation would be cool.

tl;dr How do we get the scale rig to fix the problem of characters not showing up in the text box?

Maybe the solution is 3 separate text lines?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 13, 2016 at 2:30:27 pm

It sounds like perhaps you are using paragraph text -- maybe point text would be more appropriate for this use?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
on Jun 13, 2016 at 5:45:31 pm

That'll work (around). I made three lines of point text: top, middle, bottom. If they're blank they don't show up. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]