ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE Imported Projects automatically refreshed

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karina PadillaAE Imported Projects automatically refreshed
by on Jun 8, 2016 at 3:37:27 pm

Hi! I have this... discovery -sort of speak:

I'm on a cartoon animation project with multiple scenes (comps). Some scenes have been individually animated in different projects (AE files) by a friend of mine and later imported on the main project.
It happens that, after adding all the scenes (projects) to the main one, my friend had to correct some stuff on her projects/scenes. I suddenly realized that her corrections where automatically refreshed on the projects I imported to the main one. It would be similar as Dynamic Link (refresh between Adobe programs like AE to Premiere). The difference is that this is all between same AE files.

That would save a lot of work on the future if I understand how to do it, cause I've done the same procedure before and never encountered with this "auto-refresh" until now.

Does anyone know how to control this?

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: AE Imported Projects automatically refreshed
by on Jun 9, 2016 at 12:26:38 am

There is no auto-refresh of imported AEP files, but if your friend was adjusting source files like PSDs or AIs, you would automatically see those updates as Ae detects the changed files.

There is a script/plugin over at called Project Sync [link] that would allow you to link and update AEPs.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved