ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How to animate branch on the wind

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aleksandar LJubomirovicHow to animate branch on the wind
by on May 15, 2016 at 12:47:41 pm

Hi. I need solution on how to animate natural branch and leaf movement inside AE. I would like to use it later as gobo object for casting shadows on the background. Technique is simple: first add some background, then add spot light in composition and last thing add object in front of the light. In these way I would like to achieve natural looking casted shadow on background.

Problem is how to animet branch and lifs movment to be smoth and natural, like when wind move it in nature.

Problem also can be solved with 3D object. But I don't have enough skills to make it by myself inside some 3D modeling software. Is there any free stock market for animated 3D models that can by downloaded and used in the project?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: How to animate branch on the wind
by on May 15, 2016 at 1:34:12 pm

I would look for stock footage of a tree branch with an alpha channel. No reason it needs to be 3D. Or go out on a bright day and shoot tree branch against the sky (make sure the sky exposed higher than the branch, which shouldn't be tough). Then you can luma key out the sky and use the footage as your gobo.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved