ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

golden only blacks (please little)!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vaggelis Valassopoulosgolden only blacks (please little)!
by on May 12, 2016 at 11:07:28 pm

Hi community. This is my second post, and i'm looking to a goldwyn mayer intro character with me. I had a green-screened footage as i shown here ( http://i.imgur.com/B4jGYY8.jpg ) i remove green with keylight 1.2 here ( http://i.imgur.com/opsNcSp.jpg ), and now comes to the difficult part. I want to golden my hair and my beard and rest of face became dark. smthing like masking only blacks and colorized. i think that in Photoshop is more easy but in AE i cant smthing better than this ( http://i.imgur.com/hGehauZ.jpg ) but without any success. Please could you guys find me a way, and ( i think its with lume) but i don't know how?

Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: golden only blacks (please little)!
by on May 13, 2016 at 5:34:58 pm

The lighting and quality of that footage makes it pretty hard. Here's about the best I could do with it. I masked the eyes and nose separately to make you look a bit more human...

The color corrections are somewhat complex:

10081_mgmrecolorface.aep.zip

You'll have to motion track the eyes and nose if you want to make them look like that.

Return to posts index

Vaggelis ValassopoulosRe: golden only blacks (please little)!
by on May 13, 2016 at 5:40:25 pm

Nice work!!! THANK YOU man.! REALLY really nice work. This is what exactly i had on my mind. I opened your attached .aep file but i cant understand which files i had to replace. Could you please guide me to do in my project? Thank you again.

Return to posts index

by on May 13, 2016 at 5:52:10 pm

I used the non-color corrected still image that you provided (I kept the filename it came with when downloaded), that's the only file to reload, it will automatically ripple to all the layers using it. There are some extra masks around the face you can get rid of, they're there to mask off the unwanted parts of the still image. You'll want to eventually replace it with your footage, but you should get familiar with what's what first, so you know how to proceed with the tracking, etc.

Try it without the eyes and the nose layers first. Tracking is a pretty broad subject in itself if you're not familiar with it yet.

Return to posts index

by on May 13, 2016 at 6:17:13 pm

Hi again. It's not a still image, but a footage.. i managed replacing your image with my footage to achieve this. http://i.imgur.com/mYDNrnl.png Now before that i had to grayscreen it again. but in AE is it possible somehow to export it without background? And after wards to apply yours settings and adjustments?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

by on May 13, 2016 at 6:43:31 pm

Yes, you can export it (for instance) as AVI uncompressed RGB + Alpha.

Return to posts index

by on May 14, 2016 at 12:44:52 pm

After all i managed with AVI uncompressed and source + Alpha. Thank you so much mate :) http://i.imgur.com/44tjvUS.png
Have a nice day

Return to posts index

by on May 14, 2016 at 5:26:46 pm

Very good. Would be fun to see the final comp when you have it.

Return to posts index

by on May 16, 2016 at 11:54:07 pm

Hi again Mr. Kalle Kannisto. Finally my comp is ready, if you want to uploaded to see it would be nice :)
Anyway, maybe i will a little offtopic on this post, but i can't find a way to get again in contact with you. I really really want to start on 3d modeling animation. It stacked on my mind an idea to just only one scene of me wearing Iron man suit and only saying something and moving the head like exactly this video.

After a long research and downloading much iron man 3d models, (more of them paid) i find that skeleton is a separate or what? it doesn't included on 3d model? I downloaded blender, i found maya, poser, and Daz studio. (Also in my background i know only the best i thought Cinema 4d, 3ds max.)
Anyway, cause im saying a lot. Could you please give me some direction to start up with animation? I don't mind if it takes long, im a hard worker and i always having fun when im learning smthing new. So please i'm really waiting an answer from you cause im really really confused.

Thank you so much, for all that help that you had provided to me till now.

Return to posts index

by on May 26, 2016 at 6:23:08 pm

My initial though is that you might want to tackle a simpler project if it seems overwhelming already at the start.

That video seems to have been done in Daz3D, at least it advertises the Iron Man suit for that program and Michael (one of their 3D human models). I doubt you're going to find a easy-to animate model for free. Daz3D is from the simpler end of 3D programs, so perhaps you want to go that route, especially if they already have this model, ready to animate. Not free, obviously, but it's waaaa-y easier to start with an already rigged model.

On the other hand, if you already know 3dsMax, why not do it there? In which case the main challenge would be to composite your own face into the suit, which is not necessary a trivial task if you want it to look believable.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]