ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is there any way to export from AE or importing into Pr Pro an animation that consists only of foreground, no background?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xavier Bonet
Is there any way to export from AE or importing into Pr Pro an animation that consists only of foreground, no background?
on May 3, 2016 at 8:57:22 am

I'm pretty sure this can't be done but I'm giving it a stab in the dark because currently I'm with a project that's stuck right on this point.
I'm creating and intro/outro for a YouTube channel. These video blocks must be reused on every video published (almost daily). They incorporate pretty complex animation, so I can only do it in AE. But obviously the videos will be edited in Pr Pro on a daily basis. There's a point where the intro/outro and the video overlap, as there's a sort of uncovering and covering of the two levels:

Let's imagine this is the animation (of course the real one is much more complex, as this one could easily be done in Pr Pro). As you can see, the logo itself has green and blue (and red), and there's much more color running around the real animation, so any attempt to "green screen" the background and key it out in Pr Pro means that some of the foreground will be affected and will therefore need at least masking back in in Pr Pro.
Now, currently I'm trying to figure out a way to automate this keying and masking and whatnot, because having to do that every single day is impractical (the idea is that the channel user will be able to do it himself, without in depth video editing knowledge). And because I'm not having great success there, I decided to try out in the AE forum to see if there's a way I can solve this from AE itself. Maybe not exporting an animation with a color background to be keyed out, but rather exporting some file that has no background... as dumb as that's sounding to me right now.
Anyway, any kind of input will be greatly appreciated! Even if it's just to confirm what I suspect: that it's impossible to do this.
Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Is there any way to export from AE or importing into Pr Pro an animation that consists only of foreground, no background?
on May 3, 2016 at 10:13:29 am

Render your animation as a format that outputs RGB + alpha (video output > channels in the Output module). The transparent parts of the animation will be transparent in Premiere.

Return to posts index

Xavier Bonet
Re: Is there any way to export from AE or importing into Pr Pro an animation that consists only of foreground, no background?
on May 3, 2016 at 11:32:59 am

Kalle! You have made my life 1000 times easier! You've no idea how many times I've had to use this "green screen" workaround to end up with less than desirable results! With your answer: those days are gone! So I'm eternally grateful! Thank you very much!
P.S. Will this also work for Final Cut Pro?

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on May 3, 2016 at 1:23:47 pm

Glad I could help. Yes, works the same in FCP.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]