ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Ideas or Techniques for my dj mix vids

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rlfdavin massIdeas or Techniques for my dj mix vids
by on Apr 30, 2016 at 1:33:24 am

Hi, my name is Davin and im currently a dj/ music producer. I have recently decided to try and create music videos for my mixes. Im sure you all have seen the many audio visualizer spectrum or trapcode tutorials on youtube. Im not looking for that. Im trying to do something different. I like the parallax effect and i will be incorporating that into my videos when i get better at sync everything.

Here is what i have in mind for now. i would like to take a picture like this

and make things happen to at key-framed to the music. Maybe like the black vine-ish lines. Could i add more to them and have them seem to be spreading or growing to the beat? Things like that. If anyone has any ideas and can point me in the correct technique direction i would appreciate it. Also my music is a little more dark, so i like the horror themed special effects i see on youtube for ae. Not so much those demon faces. But things like glitch's etc. the small stuff you would see in a film is what im going for here. Subtle stuff that moves to the beat and adds to the picture. or makes the picture itself move

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Ideas or Techniques for my dj mix vids
by on May 3, 2016 at 1:42:21 pm

You will probably still want to sync some of the elements to the audio volume, so once you know the basics, one of the first things to look into is those techniques (Audio to keyframes, and linking properties to that).

Something moving is almost always more interesting than still, i.e. I would look for footage as a starting point rather than a still image. It could be those same elements. Looks like a closeup of the eye of a white horse. Then trees and red ink spreading.

Time remapping is a good way to make something look "unnatural," so perhaps that's something you want to check out.

Just as a quick idea for the overall dramatic theme, you could go from light to dark, starting from an almost blank white surface and filling it up until it is almost black. Red, black and white is very effective and dramatic.

it is unlikely you will retain the viewers interest with just one image, so think about what variations on this imagery you could make.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved