ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Composition rendering into multiple videos how can I change do single video output

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kirsti VandeVordComposition rendering into multiple videos how can I change do single video output
by on Apr 27, 2016 at 8:30:39 pm

Hello

I just finished putting together a video for a Trade show at work. When I render the video it separates it into multiple video files.

The composition is 3:34 seconds

here is my output info

Not sure what I'm missing here.. it's probably right in front of my face

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Composition rendering into multiple videos how can I change do single video output
by on Apr 28, 2016 at 4:30:03 pm

I see a few dodgy things going on here, none of which directly address your problem, but which MIGHT remedy it:

1) Do you REALLY want to render out at 640x360? As it's set, that's what you're going to get.

2) DO NOT USE THE AE RENDER QUEUE to make H.264! AE really stinks at it. In fact, I don't know how you even got AE to do it. Are you actually using Adobe Media Encoder? I'd render out something in a high quality codec like QT's in PNG, Photo JPEG, Animation or ProRes 422 codecs. Then let Adobe Media Encoder do the transcode to H.264.

3) There is absolutely NO reason why you should be getting multiple files. I assume you mean they're segmented -- :00:00 - :24:29, :25:00 - :58:29, :59:00 - 1:14:17, etc. If that's the case, that's just bizarre and you'll have to give us PRECISE information about your system -- OS version number & AE version number right down to the very last decimal, any third-party cards, amount of RAM, and storage for beginners. If, however, you mean you're getting multiple files of the same thing, it sounds like you are indeed somehow using Adobe Media Encoder, and you have it set up to make all those different files.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]