ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Any ideas how to go about doing this! Handrawn?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugene ConstableAny ideas how to go about doing this! Handrawn?
by on Mar 21, 2016 at 6:30:28 pm

Ive been asked to quite on a job doing something similar to this for a sports promo, never attempted anything like it!

Any ideas how it might have been done? Im guessing Its handdrawn animation? Perhaps done either in Flash or Photoshop? Or even After Effects?

I am familiar with motion tracking, Particular and lots of AE techniques, but think I might need to dust down the wacom tablet for this one? ;)

esp that lightning effect, which I really like..

Thanks in adv..!

Return to posts index

Max PowerRe: Any ideas how to go about doing this! Handrawn?
by on Mar 23, 2016 at 12:38:40 am

yes this is probably more likely than not done using flash. AE would work but would be considerably more difficult. There may be some rotoscoping done in after effects on this as well.

Max Power
Q-Arts Media

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Any ideas how to go about doing this! Handrawn?
by on Mar 23, 2016 at 3:04:25 pm

Yes; hand drawn.

However, you don't have to draw it yourself. Some sites that sell templates and some sites that sell stock video also sell packs of pre-animated shape layers. So you could check some of them out. I recall seeing something very similar to some of the elements they used in a stock pack on one of the more popular selling sites. Whose name apparently triggers a filter on these forums (which is perfectly reasonable as too many people try to sell their things in other forums).

The studio that made your example mixed that stock element in with other stuff very well in that piece, by the way.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]