ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Print out data from AEP's for reference

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob ColePrint out data from AEP's for reference
by on Mar 19, 2016 at 7:48:24 pm

Is there a way to print out the Render Queue, or better yet, to output a data file which would list the information in the Render Queue for each AEP? Ditto for the folders and files in the Project Window.

The reason for this request: I create a number of different AE Projects for a given production or client. Sometimes I even use different computers. And sometimes, the comps for one video might originate from several different prior productions created years apart.

The problem is that when clients ask for revisions and updates, finding out which AE Project generated which render can be difficult. Especially when updating a project years after it was created, I have found it difficult to find the correct AEP. I find myself opening quite a few different AEP's, on a couple different computers, checking the Render Queue for each one, before finding the best comp to use for updating.

The data is all there in the AEP. It just isn't very accessible. Please tell me there is a button I haven't seen yet which enables this.

Bob C

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved