ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Overlays that display audio clip names

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam ConnellyOverlays that display audio clip names
by on Mar 19, 2016 at 7:26:46 am

I'm new to this community and I've read over information on this subject in the AE, Premiere and FCP sections of this forum and can't find any real answer.

Is it possible or is there a plugin that exists that will automatically display a list of the sound clips that are being played as an overlay over the video. I am working on a sound library project and it will be incredibly useful as I am working with a large session of foley samples that come in and out and layer eachother and it would be really helpful to display this for programmers to work out.

I'm pretty inexperienced with AE but I found a couple of posts where they have written a code to display vieo clip names but these don't work for sound clips.

Would it be possible to write something similar that could do the sound clips and work with multiple sound clips playing simultaneously? Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it's saying that you don't think it exist or is doable.

Thanks heaps.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Overlays that display audio clip names
by on Mar 20, 2016 at 5:55:11 pm

This sounds like work that should be done in a video editor and not AE. AE totally stinks at working with audio.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved