ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects cs4 and Media Encoder CC

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pasxos underhillAfter Effects cs4 and Media Encoder CC
by on Mar 17, 2016 at 11:12:40 pm

I have translated and subtitle a 50 minutes lenght documentary and now I wish to render it into a youtube format something like H.264.When I am trying to send my after effects cs4 project into the media encoder cc I get a message "Could not connect to Adobe After Effects. Please verify that Aobde After Effects and Adobe Dynamic Link components are installed". I have no idea what dynamic link is.I 've searched it in my computer and as it seems I dont have it installed. Is this why I am having problems or media encoder cc is just not compatible with after effects cs4?

Some feedback
1)I know cs4 is very old but I dont have enough money to buy the newer version each time the come out.
2)I thought about rendering my project into a lossless kind format and then importing it to media encoder but the video is 50 minutes long at 29.97fps, 1280x720 so when I used quicktime format with a png codec for like 12 seconds of it it came out at 250 MB.Not an option for 50minutes.
3)English not my native langauge.
If you guys have any solution, suggestions or workarounds please help.I need advices.
Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects cs4 and Media Encoder CC
by on Mar 18, 2016 at 4:05:51 pm

How do you have Adobe Media Encoder CC if you are not on Creative Cloud?
And if you ARE on Creative Cloud, you should know that you have access to a later version of After Effects. You're paying for it already! I advise that you do not get the latest version -- I recommend that you get AE CC 2014. You should be able to find it here:

Now, you WILL have to search a bit for it. But it will be better for you than the latest version, I think. Why do I say that? Multiprocessing doesn't work in AE CC 2015, but it does in AE CC 2014. Adobe changed how previews work in AE CC 2015, but it works as it always has in AE CC 2014. Finally, AE CC 2015 has a lot of troubles running under certain operating systems, and AE CC 2014 does not.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved