ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

challenging green screen interview issue with thick glasses and large frames

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Wattschallenging green screen interview issue with thick glasses and large frames
by on Mar 1, 2016 at 3:19:34 pm

I'm looking for solutions for shooting green screen interviews with a man who has thick lenses and very large aviator style frames. I've attached a screen grab so you c an see the problem.

It gives the illusion part of his face is cut off. You can see it in the green screen still and its just a bad when composited over a background.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Larry

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: challenging green screen interview issue with thick glasses and large frames
by on Mar 1, 2016 at 5:13:19 pm

Shoot a version with glasses on and a version with glasses off. You will then have a go to version in case you can't pull the key with the glasses on.

Another thing to consider is distance from the green screen - I have shot people with glasses on, and often, due to the varying curve in the glasses lenses, you will find screaming green reflections in the glasses where they go past the head in the shot. Be very aware in your setup, and keep light glare down (of course), plus minimize the green reflection as much as you can. By the way, there is no screen grab attached...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Larry WattsRe: challenging green screen interview issue with thick glasses and large frames
by on Mar 1, 2016 at 8:45:04 pm

The example was from a previous shoot done by another producer.

I get a fresh shot at it in a new shoot. The key from before actually worked okay. There was no green in the lens. The issue is the width of his glasses and the curvature/thickness of his lenses. They look weird like his face is cut off.

I'm thinking of shooting him looking straight ahead.

He needs to look at a prompter so no lenses won't work.

I could ask him to use a smaller frame.

THX

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: challenging green screen interview issue with thick glasses and large frames
by on Mar 1, 2016 at 10:44:06 pm

That's about all you can do -- minimize the refraction effects from the lenses via camera angles.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: challenging green screen interview issue with thick glasses and large frames
by on Mar 1, 2016 at 5:53:39 pm

If you can't re-shoot, you may have to live with the green in the lenses. You'll have to animate a mask around the lenses to replace the missing video... and then the viewer will unconsciously ask why there's green in the glasses.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, eh?

The alternative -- re-create the portions of the subject's face eliminated by the green in the lenses. That's even worse.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]