ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adding multiple elements to 3d camera track

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ewan Maccormick
Adding multiple elements to 3d camera track
on Feb 20, 2016 at 12:45:46 pm

Hi guys,

I have been trying to teach myself After Effects with mixed results! At the moment I am being driven absolutely mental with trying to add several elements to the 3d camera tracker.

Basically I am trying to replicate this -

From 55seconds. The scene with the maracana stadium in Brazil.

I am trying to do it in After Effects and have tried it with the motion tracker but getting all these elements in there makes it too shaky, not smooth at all.

With the 3d Camera tracker, I can get one element to attach, but none of the others.

Do I need something like Element 3D to do this kind of thing, or am I missing something in AE itself.

If anyone can spell out how to achieve the above video with the elements Map Marker, Circle, Text Box, Text all attaching themselves to the background as it moves, it would be a wonderful thing.

Any help would be great and please be gentle with me on technical language, I am a relative noob to this.

Thanks so much.
Ewan

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Adding multiple elements to 3d camera track
on Feb 21, 2016 at 8:09:46 am

How do you add the first element that works, and the second element that doesn't?

Return to posts index

Ewan Maccormick
on Feb 21, 2016 at 8:21:04 am

At first I was creating a null and camera and then parenting the layer to the null using the lasso. When I try to parent the second layer to the null it doesn't take on the properties ie it still moves across the screen instead of staying still.

Then I discovered that you could create multiple nulls and I tried this. But again I got the first element (an imported png of the map marker) to stick to null one, but then the second ( a shape layer) would not stick to any of the nulls.

I don't know if there is a particular order of doing things that I am missing, but I am creating all of the layers on the video layer, then running the camera tracker then trying to lasso them.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Feb 21, 2016 at 1:12:59 pm

It works that way -- creating individual 3D nulls for the locations you are attaching things to -- as long as the layers that you are attaching are also 3D. Make sure your layer's anchor point is in the desired attach point, then hold shift when you parent to move the layer to the track null's position.

Return to posts index

Ewan Maccormick
on Feb 21, 2016 at 9:54:03 pm

Hi Kalle,

Thank you so much. It was the anchor points that I wasnt getting. I was chasing the elements all over the screen and trying to tie them up, but instead I discovered pre-comping and even then I couldnt work it and then your response came in and boom, it all worked perfectly.

You are a gent, many thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]