ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE Green Screen Props

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Heather SandersAE Green Screen Props
by on Jan 24, 2016 at 7:04:15 am

Hey guys,

I have some green screen footage that has rocks that are a part of the scene. They themselves are green screened(same tint as the rest of the background). I'm stumped as to the best way to go about making them realistic. Ideally, I would like to keep their original textures and shapes rather than just creating new ones to place over them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE Green Screen Props
by on Jan 24, 2016 at 5:39:50 pm

I'd say just key them. If they work with the background plate, you're set. If they don't you may have to re-shoot to incorporate corrections.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: AE Green Screen Props
by on Jan 25, 2016 at 6:26:07 pm

Could we see an example frame or two of what you're talking about? That might help.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

William WallerRe: AE Green Screen Props
by on Jan 25, 2016 at 8:31:51 pm

Edit: Didn't mean to post it was my first thought on the issue before reading your post better.

The only solution you probably have at the moment is to roto the rocks. If the camera is locked down that should be no issue. If the camera is moving, you'll just need to send the shot out to Mocha and track / roto there.

William Waller
Owner / Director

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved