ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to create a spaceship engine fire in AE (Optical Flares, Particular,...)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duca Simone LuchiniHow to create a spaceship engine fire in AE (Optical Flares, Particular,...)
by on Jan 21, 2016 at 2:04:24 pm

Hello everybody,
I'm trying to create a spaceship engine fire in AE. I mean an animate moving spaship, NOT STILL IMAGE...!

A great way to may it is to use Videocopilot Optical Flares (which has many super features (flickering, glow, light tracking...) to "fake" a fire engine using lens flares.

In my case, unfortunately, the shape of the engine (where fire exits...) is not elliptical or circular so is hard to use something like Optical Flares.See here a reference image:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/21/article-2372643-1AED6EE5000005DC-...

Another idea would be to use Trapcode Particular, for example creating a shape (to match the space engine) to emitter particles... but I'm not sure it could be work.
Any other techs, ideas, suggestions, experience about it?

Many thanks for a reply!

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: How to create a spaceship engine fire in AE (Optical Flares, Particular,...)
by on Jan 22, 2016 at 9:50:46 pm

Scale up the flare so it is really large and mask it to the shape of your engine, then track it to the spaceship. Or you can do the same with a few solid layers by adding a wiggle expression on the opacity and a nice glow.

Return to posts index

Duca Simone LuchiniRe: How to create a spaceship engine fire in AE (Optical Flares, Particular,...)
by on Jan 23, 2016 at 9:00:58 am

Okay, many thanks for your replay.

Return to posts index

Duca Simone LuchiniRe: How to create a spaceship engine fire in AE (Optical Flares, Particular,...)
by on Jan 23, 2016 at 9:29:46 am

But now I have another problem...
I linked (via tracking) two flares (Videocopilot Optical Flares) to a 3d rendered image. When the flares facing Camera it all okay:

But when the image continue rotating... flares are not obscured from the image...

I tried to insert a layer with of the 3d render (with alpha, of course) to mask (obscure) the flare, but it doesn't work...

So, how can I resolve it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]