ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

process for working with footage for new HDR tv technology

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
syscotron
process for working with footage for new HDR tv technology
on Jan 12, 2016 at 1:36:48 am

I'm going to be working on a project that will be shown on a screen that utilizes this new HDR technology.
http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/hdr-tv-high-dynamic-television-expla...
Does anyone have any recommendations for methods of bringing in and working with footage for use with these types of TVs? I'm guessing that the footage needs to be 32 bit floating point, raw etc., but wanted to see if anyone had worked with this technology before or had any ideas about AE methodologies for this.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: process for working with footage for new HDR tv technology
on Jan 13, 2016 at 6:16:42 pm

I haven't heard of anyone here doing this kind of stuff yet... but yes, 32-bit is the way to go.

Apparently no one has yet agreed on HDR standards yet. Everyone's just coming out with their own version. That stinks. If people don't agree on standards, it'll go nowhere.

Sort of like 3D TV. Now, that took off like a rocket, didn't it?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Eric Edwards
on Jan 13, 2016 at 7:08:09 pm

Hey Dave thanks a lot for your response. Does anything come to mind that could point me in a direction for my research for this? We’ll be getting the footage from an editor who will be color correcting and potentially giving us LUTs for the color correction. We'll then add the VFX in AE and then give back to the editor. I’m trying to figure out the best workflow because we shouldn’t adjust the colour correction, but we should do the vfx and from what we’ve heard after importing the raw footage into AE then we'll apply something to it that lets us preview it properly and add vfx and then take that preview adjustment off then send it back. The question is about this preview method because I”ve heard that its not good to just use levels cause that isn’t accurate. Do you know anything about that step or anything that would point me in a direction for my research. I think it could relate to 32bit or raw workflow in general and not just this HDR thing. Also do you have any tips about format of final output? Right now I'm leaning toward .dpx as opposed to .exr... thanks again

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 13, 2016 at 11:49:05 pm

Go to the main After Effects forum. https://forums.creativecow.net/adobeaftereffects

Ask a gent named Walter Soyka about this. He knows his color.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]