ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Virtual hug to the one that knows this, AE question LEVITATION

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mazzot TazzotVirtual hug to the one that knows this, AE question LEVITATION
by on Dec 31, 2015 at 5:17:16 am

Ok, I am quite new with AE and ive learned a lot watching and watching for hours on youtube ang getting tips from here how to do things. Something I think many AE starters like to learn is how to do an actual levitation. I mean not that kind that is obviously looking fake and you use a fishing line to drag it up. I mean a human levitating/floating in mid air over the ground. Like Inception. There is no good tutorial on youtube on levitation and i have not had any success on google searching for levitation. Ive gone through 20 pages and I cant seem to find anything. So because you people here on CC helped me a lot in the start, you might have an answer to this.

The link below is what im exactly are looking for, how is this possible, the guy that made the video said look on youtube for tutorials and google. Thats what i did but cant seem to find anything that is even close to what he did. There is one footage of a guy at the railway floating upwards and it is made with a picture. But i find it hard to see that the guys on the link did the levitation by a picture, it looks too realistic.

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Virtual hug to the one that knows this, AE question LEVITATION
by on Dec 31, 2015 at 9:48:59 am

The person has been shot on green screen background, probably laying on a chair. The background is a separate piece of video footage. A number of things make this more realistic than your average attempt at it:

1) Quality of footage. To get a clean green screen, the better the camera and the more even the lighting on the screen the easier it is to get a good key. Plus the footage itself looks better and can be color adjusted without breaking apart.

2) Lighting and camera angle matched from background to subject.

3) Color (and focus) matched between background and subject.

4) Slow-motion for that floating feeling. Here the background footage has also been reversed to make the leaves float upward.

5) Overall cinematic color grade.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved