ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Particular Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugene ConstableParticular Problem
by on Dec 21, 2015 at 9:14:20 am

Hi I have a scene. Starts off red we pull the camera back to show its a red dot surrounded by lots of landmark buildings, buses etc..

after a second or so the buildings are sucked into the red dot, the first five or six are slower (so we can see them clearly getting absorbed by the dot) then it quickly speeds up and all the buildings are sucked into the dot. Leaving just the dot.

The foreground buildings I thought - do by hand keyframing, but the hundreds of others, do using particluar, so they have some sort of reverse explosion that seem to suck them into the dot.

I set up a particle system with random still sprites and some nice random rotation, but I cant work ou how to get the sprite particles to get sucked into the dot, this animation would need to last 3 seconds or so, so they need to be reapppaering initailly and then after 3 secs, they are all sucked up, leaving the dot on its own.

Any thoughts on this, - some sort of reverse explosion? using physics?
I have now spent a few hours on this and very stuck!

Thanks in adv,

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Particular Problem
by on Dec 21, 2015 at 11:31:08 am

To me your plan with reverse explosion with custom animation for some particles sounds reasonable. You can use physics time factor to reverse the action in Particular.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved