ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After effects / voronoi / newton / title sequence

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leevun VanhoveAfter effects / voronoi / newton / title sequence
by on Dec 9, 2015 at 7:05:22 pm

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to create a title sequence in which letters and shapes are breaking up and collapsing down.

A bit like this:

I've made a (2D) text in adobe CS6, broke it up in several pieces with the voronoi shatter script.
Then I've added all of it in newton, and for a first test, I let a ball fall down and hit the letters.
To be able to do this, I've made the ball in newton dynamic, and the letters/pieces dormant.

Now newton does a this thing: I think because the pieces of the letters are adjacent to each other, newton pushes them a bit apart when simulation starts, to be able to bounce to each other:

And then the ball hits:

The problem is,
before the ball hits, I want the letters to look like the S and the H in the screenshots...

Does somebody has an idea?
Thank you very much.

Return to posts index

Leevun VanhoveRe: After effects / voronoi / newton / title sequence
by on Dec 10, 2015 at 1:35:10 pm

I've found the configuration in newton preferences: keep dormant bodies static before collision.
So this solved my problem.

Now, I've found to generate this in 2D, and trying to make this 3D.

I've managed to generate gravity to 2D pieces after a collision using newton, but now I'm trying to make the pieces 3D.
I've managed to break up text in pieces with element 3D and voronoi, but I can't use newton to make it fall down because it seems only to work with 2D shapes and text.
Somebody got an idea?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved