ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Circular path for JPEG layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley SmithCircular path for JPEG layer
by on Dec 4, 2015 at 12:26:10 am

Cant quite figure out how to create a circular path for a JPEG layer. I'm trying to have several JPEG layers (logos) rotate around in a circular motion.

What I have done...

Created a shape layer then open added a mask, copied the mask path and pasted onto the position area of the Transform Properties in the jpeg layer. This gave me the circular motion however, it moved the layer position to a new location and I'm unable to move it back to wear it needs to start. If I try and manually change it, the course of the path begins to shift and is no longer circular as needed.

I then tried to add a shape mask to the layer. I cut the mask path and pasted it into the position of the layer's transform properties. This oversized the mask to ridiculous portions waaaay outside of the composition and I'm unable to resize it. I never tried to test to see of the logo was moving in a circular motion because at that point it was just pointless.

This seems like such a simple task to accomplish and cant understand whats stopping it from working.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as this edit is on a deadline.

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Circular path for JPEG layer
by on Dec 4, 2015 at 1:19:11 am

Check a few old threads:

Or here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved