ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Multiplication Of Spheres

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Garner DumasMultiplication Of Spheres
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 9:07:19 pm

Hey all,

I am having trouble figuring out a simple way to replicate the video posted below. Is there a way to pull that look off (eventually filling the whole frame) in a much more simple way than what I created? What I am doing right now is creating each row/column in a precomp and lining that up with however many spheres were there previously. Essentially, this is super tedious and is taking forever. Anyone know of a quick way to multiply in this fashion using something like Particular and/or Form and/or anything?

Thanks!

http://goo.gl/hCeryS

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Multiplication Of Spheres
by on Nov 17, 2015 at 10:36:37 am

If you can settle for pushing the new spheres from the center line rather than the edges, you can stack mirror effects one on top of the other, as in the attached. Don't know if it will choke at some point due to number of effects, but at least it might be less tedious an approach.

9469_mirrorball.aep.zip

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Multiplication Of Spheres
by on Nov 17, 2015 at 11:08:03 am

And then a second, more sensible idea:

1) Create the whole field of spheres and mask it so there is only one sphere in the middle showing in the beginning.

2) Create a hole row of spheres and mask it so there is only one sphere showing. (Precomp and) duplicate.

3) Animate the first move with the two masked rows and animate the mask for the field to reveal two more balls at the end of the animation.

4) Rotate the two rows 90 degrees, animate the mask so that three balls are showing, place appropriately for next animation.

5) Repeat steps 3 and 4, animating masks and flipping between horizontal and vertical until screen is filled.

This way you only need three layers and animated masks to do the whole lot.

Return to posts index

Garner DumasRe: Multiplication Of Spheres
by on Nov 17, 2015 at 5:22:03 pm

great, thank you so much! helps a ton!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]