ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

A better way to composite multiple green screen shots into one? (video linked)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David MartinA better way to composite multiple green screen shots into one? (video linked)
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 1:06:58 pm

I have 14 moving objects all shot against the same green screen and from the exact same angle but at different times.

I want to combine them into the same single shot.

I both rotoscoped and keylit each layer, but it's an absolute mess.

What is the best way to get this to work? Can I somehow implement a single key for the group?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: A better way to composite multiple green screen shots into one? (video linked)
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 5:42:48 pm

You can precomp the individual keyed layers. Then you only have one layer to deal with in the main comp.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

David MartinRe: A better way to composite multiple green screen shots into one? (video linked)
by on Nov 18, 2015 at 1:38:37 pm

Thanks, Dave. I precomped each layer which helped some, but I continued to have a lot of noise and overlapping issues.

First attempt...

https://reels.creativecow.net/film/problems-combining-multiple-green-screen...

Turns out I needed to render out garbage mattes for each of the 14 layers and then import them into the same composition. It fixed the noise and overlapping issues. Cleaner result...

https://reels.creativecow.net/film/combining-multiple-green-screen-shots-us...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: A better way to composite multiple green screen shots into one? (video linked)
by on Nov 18, 2015 at 6:49:08 pm

Yup, depending on the lighting conditions for the chroma key, garbage mattes can be a lifesaver.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]