ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

GH4 4K After Effects Workflow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zimema MhoneGH4 4K After Effects Workflow
by on Oct 22, 2015 at 8:37:38 pm

i have just collected a bunch of footage documenting the Finnish summer and I would like to get some advice as to how to start 'processing' the footage.

The goal is to create a travel montage, which includes a lot of speed ramping, positioning and stabilization. The focus of the piece will be the interaction between the images, effects and sound. They are all equal in importance.

I intend on pursuing a workflow as such: select and stabilize clips/ sequences/ events in After Effects, then pre-comp and apply Twixtor as needed, pan & scan/ resize/ crop to 1080p or not, export as prores 444, import to FCPx, put it all together as a fluent series of events and rework effects as needed.

Can somoene let me know if I am heading for woes or if I am on the right track. What else should I consider?

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: GH4 4K After Effects Workflow
by on Oct 23, 2015 at 8:43:26 pm

I would consider importing your AE clips into Premiere Pro using Dynamic Link instead of exporting ProRes to Final Cut. Then you can make changes in AE that will update automatically in PP without having to re-export.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: GH4 4K After Effects Workflow
by on Oct 25, 2015 at 3:55:28 pm

I would also edit first and THEN do the AE work. You'll have a lot less footage to deal with and a lot less AE work.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved