ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Stabilization tips needed w/ Objects passing in front of lens.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shawn conveyStabilization tips needed w/ Objects passing in front of lens.
by on Oct 12, 2015 at 10:08:46 pm

Hello all,
I am having a hell of a time stabilizing a shot where objects are passing in front of the lens.
It is not a long shot, and it isn't too too shaky but it it unacceptably so...

I have tried the Warp Stabilizer as well as the old school "Tracker Controls / Stabilize Motion".
but as there is not a point that is consistent throughout the clip it really throws these tools off.

I am not opposed to doing it "by hand" but to be honest I am not sure where to start as I am not an AE guy... I am only in AE to stabilize these shots and know only what I have read about stabilizing etc... if anyone knows of a resource online where it shows you how to deal with such things I would be quite greatful.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Stabilization tips needed w/ Objects passing in front of lens.
by on Oct 13, 2015 at 8:31:17 pm

Do the objects that pass in front cover the entire frame at some points? Such parts cannot be stabilized automatically. If so you'll need to track such sections manually -- or skip them if tracking the near object makes no difference.

If some part of the main scene is visible at all times, you can track different parts of the shot and parent the nulls together.

Here's a method that handles a similar situation, a long pan where the part being tracked goes out of frame and you have to pick another point to keep going:

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/kramer_andrew/Set_Extensions.php

The difference being that the tracked point gets obscured rather than goes out of frame, so you would pick another point and keep going.

Return to posts index

shawn conveyRe: Stabilization tips needed w/ Objects passing in front of lens.
by on Oct 16, 2015 at 8:47:41 pm

Fantastic... thanks so much I am going to check this out this weekend...
Much appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]