ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How would I do this kind of effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike GosHow would I do this kind of effect?
by on Sep 27, 2015 at 1:55:52 pm

Hi All

I am very new to After Effects, having only done a few "get to know" after effects tutorials and for my first project I would like to do something like the project linked here:

I was just wondering if anyone would know of a tutorial/tutorials for that style of animation? or even the name of the technique so I could search it myself?

Thanks for any help on this!

Mike

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: How would I do this kind of effect?
by on Sep 28, 2015 at 4:06:08 pm

Not sure if there is a name for it. It's a pretty basic animation technique that you can achieve by keyframing shape layers and vector graphics. Although the concept is simple, it takes time and skill to be able to make a slick video like this. I would take a short section and see if you can replicate how it was done. Making the blimp fall on the fork for example. Once you start problem solving ways to do it, you'll start to get the hang of it.

Return to posts index

Mike GosRe: How would I do this kind of effect?
by on Sep 29, 2015 at 9:15:05 am

Hi Daniel

I thought that might be the case, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a trick!

I will start by trying to copy a small piece like you suggested.

Thanks for the advice!

Mike

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: How would I do this kind of effect?
by on Sep 28, 2015 at 5:08:49 pm

Most of it will be storyboarding and planning, then when you execute your animation add ease to the keyframes. I wonder the lever of AE you had and if any of what I'm saying makes sense to you.

Ease and Wiz may come in handy when you need flexibility with the ease of your keyframes.

https://vimeo.com/fernandomol

Return to posts index

Mike GosRe: How would I do this kind of effect?
by on Sep 29, 2015 at 9:19:13 am

Hi Fernando

That does make sense!

And thanks for the link to the ease and wiz, looks like it will come in really handy.

Cheers

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]