ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Flythrough words

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugene ConstableFlythrough words
by on Sep 2, 2015 at 4:22:35 pm

I need to create a 3d field/cloud of words. Flythrough them straight on to arrive at a certain heading then fly through the heading to the next heading. Thats it.

I have approx 30 words, of differing colours/fonts, sizes and transparency, which need to be repeated throughout the 'cloud' to give a sense of overwhelming amount of words.

Its causing me alot of problems.

So - I duplicated my 30 layers lots (around 300 layers) and using DistributeLayers script I randomized the x and y positions within 500 and in z I staggered them about 200 apart each (perhaps too much?)

OK, so my layers are nicely in z depth and looking ok, but the comp has so many 3d layers it is unworkable. even at quarter res, purged memory etc evrytime I try and move a lyered I get beachballed (mac pro retina, 3 years old) Also my client has fed back that it needs MORE words!

Under a deadline and now really stuck with how to get this done, can anyone think of a better workflow for this?

Have attached pic of my working render for reference.

As you can see the layout is a bit messy, it does look better moving, but it's so slow to move the layers around now, Im struggling to improve it.

Thanks in adv!

ps. I tried using particular2 custom particles but couldn't get that to work, (custom particles too big)

pps, working at 1920x1080

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Flythrough words
by on Sep 4, 2015 at 8:25:58 pm

I didn't have a problem doing this in particular. Try the attached. If it is problematic, it is likely a computer-related issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved