ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Your opinion on these effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adi Constantin
Your opinion on these effects
on Aug 2, 2015 at 3:16:03 am

I was wondering if you guys could point out any familiar effects you see in this Devil May Cry 4 logo animation. I slowed down the video so you can take a better look at it.

Original:

Slow-Mo:

I want to use some of these effects for a different logo I'm creating. I tried evolving a glow effect over time to mimic the sudden shininess for the 4 but it doesn't look as bright. Also do you guys know any effects that distort the rest of the text that way after the 4 animates? I would definitely appreciate your expert opinions on this.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Your opinion on these effects
on Aug 5, 2015 at 5:19:01 pm

To me it looks like they did a lot of quick write on effects. Since it is so quick you could use a mask to make the image appear that it is writing on.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Adi Constantin
on Sep 6, 2015 at 3:33:24 am

Thank you for the idea. Definitely going to use masks. Good thing AE is so good at compositing because I'm going to have many layers. :)

I also slowed down the motion graphic for the special edition of the game and it looks like they fancied it up with some optical flares.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Sep 6, 2015 at 10:32:56 am

I see Twitch there also, as well as Trapcode Shine (or CC Light rays). Plus some sort of Venetian blinds -type effect on the text.

The white light streaks in the first version look like static brush strokes images animated to look like they're in motion.

Return to posts index

Adi Constantin
on Sep 25, 2015 at 7:26:46 am

Thank you so much for this information Kalle. It really came in handy. I didn't even know about CC Light Rays and I also found out about other light effects inside AE like CC Light Sweep and Light Burst, which I used to customize the text even more.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]