ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Water creating stroke

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark almeida
Water creating stroke
on Jul 29, 2015 at 5:48:47 am

Hey guys. I have an outline that i want to fill by a water texture. Imagine water flowing along the cracks in the ground. Like using the pen tool and adding 'stroke' , but instead of a color, I need to make it water. any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Water creating stroke
on Jul 29, 2015 at 4:54:17 pm

Create it with color like you describe and then use that as a track matte for a layer with water footage.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

mark almeida
on Jul 30, 2015 at 8:30:15 am

Thank you for the reply and solution! i'm fairly new so i couldnt come up with that on my own.
Greatly appreciated

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 30, 2015 at 12:40:32 pm

No problem! All AE is is working in layers. The more experience you have, the easier it will be to see it. Just start learning to think like that. When you watch commercials, start picking apart how things were done and, if you have time, try recreating it. Eventually, you're realize that almost everything in AE is really easy, it's just a matter of taking the time to do it. :)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]