ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Using Cineware effectively

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Pindara
Using Cineware effectively
on Jul 17, 2015 at 9:39:14 pm

Hey guys,

So I've been trying to push the studio I work for to embrace C4D more and really start using Cineware in more of our projects. The main problem is it is crazy slow!

It isn't our system, we've got brand new 5K iMacs that are maxed out. and the scene I'm using and example of really isn't complex at all. No lights, not GI or AO. Just a bunch of luminance textures on some geometry.

I have two layers, a beauty and a mulitpass-depth layer. and in AE at 1/3 res, 7s per frame.

Are there any tips to make Cineware a little more usable, or am I expecting too much from it?

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Using Cineware effectively
on Jul 18, 2015 at 2:54:29 pm

I've experienced the same issue, and it makes it unusable. Tried some things mentioned in this post:

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1063454#1063454

But haven't found a solution yet. I have a 2009 Mac pro, 20gb of ram and have no other issues with any apps or plugins. C4d lite works great by itself. It could be the crappy video card, but I can't find any info to support that.

It can't be this way for everyone, nobody would even release a product like this, but it's interesting that it's happening across several very different macs... Could be an os thing.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Using Cineware effectively
on Jul 21, 2015 at 7:23:11 pm

after trying everything i could find to fix this issue, including suggestions from maxon support, the only fix worked was to do a clean install of yosemite without using migration assistant (last suggestion by maxon), then reinstall everything form the ground up. then it works beautifully (i've only test on CC 2014, but i'd expect 2015 to work too).

things that i tried, but did not work for me:
  • turn off wifi (already off, but toggled it on/off anyway)
  • reseting AE prefs
  • reinstall AE CC 2014, tried both the original 2014 and updated/latest 2014 -- the original had cineware v1.0 and C4D lite r14.0, the updated hade v 2.0 and r16.0, respectively.
  • reset network settings.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]