ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

30fps tracked and rendered footage (client now wants it 25fps)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian Vilderman30fps tracked and rendered footage (client now wants it 25fps)
by on Jul 12, 2015 at 3:54:13 pm

Hi :)

I have made a few clips for a premiere pro user (client) who is working on a 25fps timeline. All the footage he has been using was filmed at 30fps but he doing a 25fps timeline.

I however have been working in AE with the 30fps footage and so I used a 30fps comp/timeline.

I have done my camera tracking/animations and rendered at 30fps. However the client (premiere pro user) is now asking for them in 25fps.

I dont mind rendering again however I am certainly not tracking again and changing up the animations.

Please can I get some advice on how to best proceed.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: 30fps tracked and rendered footage (client now wants it 25fps)
by on Jul 12, 2015 at 4:33:03 pm

Probably the best way to proceed is to use a third-party plugin called Twixtor to convert the the rendered footage to 25fps. It's not a cheap plugin.

You've just learned a hard lesson in agreeing on a frame rate BEFORE the project begins.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Christian VildermanRe: 30fps tracked and rendered footage (client now wants it 25fps)
by on Jul 12, 2015 at 5:43:51 pm

Its annoying because he did say we were working in 30fps. He just a real amateur.

Return to posts index

David BaudRe: 30fps tracked and rendered footage (client now wants it 25fps)
by on Jul 12, 2015 at 4:33:27 pm

Is your compositing synced to some audio? if not I would create a new comp at 25fps and drop your 30fps comp into it. Depending on the nature of your footage (fast action, still, etc...) I would use a plugin like Twixtor to have better control over your frame rate conversion. Again it might not be necessary in your case.

David Baud
Post & VFX
KOSMOS PRODUCTIONS
Denver - Paris
http://www.kosmos-productions.com

Return to posts index

Christian VildermanRe: 30fps tracked and rendered footage (client now wants it 25fps)
by on Jul 12, 2015 at 10:02:37 pm

no audio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]