ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects to DVD - PLEASE!!!!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Johnson-Smith
After Effects to DVD - PLEASE!!!!
on Jul 9, 2015 at 11:05:17 am

Hi all. Newby to the forum, although I've used it many times for advice - but here's my workflow problem....

I've created footage in iMovie 10.0.9 (The latest version) and out put it as an 854X480 MP4 workspace, as it seems to be the best option.
I then import it into After Effects to do some audio mixing, retaining the composition as 854 X 480.
I then render this as DVD-MPEG 2 at 854 X 480 and import it into 'BURN'
So far so good, as the process has retained its 16:9 ratio.
Now I'm getting stuck.
When i import into 'Burn' it is creating another file as a 720 X 480, and i cant work out what's happening to the ratio.
Is it better if i render after effects as 720 X 480 or even import my iMovie file to a 720 X 480 comp, or as its PAL do i import to a 720 X 576 comp and keep the ratio?
What happens when i screen it on a widescreen TV - does it 'know' its widescreen??

Please help - just need to get the workflow straight in my head!!!

Thanks in advance....

Andy

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: After Effects to DVD - PLEASE!!!!
on Jul 9, 2015 at 5:07:07 pm

Use AE's composition presets to make your AE comp 720x480. That's the DVD format standard.

Also, you're using AE to do audio? Really? I've never heard of anybody doing that. Audition, Premiere Pro, SoundBooth, etc., but not After Effects!

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Andy Johnson-Smith
on Jul 9, 2015 at 7:59:17 pm

Yes - After effects is all i have to mix the 2 audio channels from the camera into a mono mix, as one is a direct feed from the sound desk and the other is an ambient mic. It also keeps the frame rate in check, so its still in sync after 85 minutes!

I would edit in after effects too, if my machine were quick enough that is!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 9, 2015 at 8:01:49 pm

After Effects is a terrible tool for editing. It is not intended to edit video. Use Premiere Pro to edit (and for audio work).

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]